Happy New Year! As we ring in 2016 I can’t help but spend some time reflecting on 2015 and what it has meant for our little family. It has truly been an exceptional year! The girls are growing to be such amazing little people … girls with big hearts, loud laughs, and so much spunk. Chris is continuing to flourish in his military career and I began (and have nearly finished) my clinical rotations. Overall, life has been good.
Now it’s the dawn of a new year … a year full of adventure, hope, and so much possibility. I am sitting here with nervous excitement to see what God has in store for us! We know we will be moving (where? to be determined) and in less than 100 days I will (hopefully) be a board-certified Physician Assistant. It’s surreal to me to be sitting here mere months away from achieving one of my life’s greatest ambitions. When I look at all the blessings I have in my life I feel like pinching myself and constantly ask, “is this real life”? Because friends … I am truly happy and content.
Every New Year I sit down and dream about what I hope to accomplish in the days, weeks, and months ahead. I am a firm believer in goal-setting and like to put my hopes and dreams to paper so I actively have motivation to strive towards achieving them. This year is no different and I am excited to share my goals with you! I always like to break them down into categories so here we go.
1. MOVE! Get established in our new home and find a school/church that suits our family upon arrival.
2. Take one big family vacation. Looking at ARIZONA in April!
3. Save $xx,xxx of dollars. Work towards being debt free.
4. Find new ways to get outside and active as a family. I am thinking BIKES.
5. Regularly attend church and enroll Emmie into Sunday school.
6. Find a volunteering opportunity that would be age-appropriate for Emmie that we can do together.
1. Go on at least one date night every single month.
2. Go on one trip without the kids. Planning on HAWAII this fall.
3. Spend more time together without technology.
1. Graduate PA school! And subsequently pass my PANCE.
2. Get my first PA job and begin my career.
3. Advance to Level II in my Rodan+Fields business.
4. Do more personal development.
5. Blog consistently 3 times a week.
1. Get 4-5 quality workouts in every week.
2. Continue to fuel my body with clean foods a majority of the time.
3. Spend more time with Scripture and reading the word of God.
4. Journal more.
5. Organize the family photos into photo books.
There you have it! I am keeping my goals short, sweet, and attainable. I wrote these goals into my 2016 planner so I can keep track of them and check in on my progress! I hope your New Year was FABULOUS and that you are as excited for 2016 as I am!
What is one of your goals for 2016? Have any suggestions for preschool-freindly volunteer opportunities?