This post is sponsored by Bertolli®
Summer is officially here in Savannah. Temperatures are climbing and the humidity is starting to creep up also. One thing I love about summer is the abundance of fresh and delicious vegetables. However, raising little people has me scratching my head on how to get them to enjoy and eat their veggies. I have found that by mixing the vegetables into some of their favorite foods keeps everyone happy. The girls are happy because they have a food they love and I am happy because they are getting their daily dose of nutrition.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients (6-8 servings)
- 1 box thin whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 ½ cups spinach, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ cups Bertolli Tomato & Basil sauce
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, chopped
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
• Cook pasta according to directions on the box.
• While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a medium sized skillet over medium high heat.
• Add spinach, squash, zucchini, salt, pepper, garlic, and chicken. Sauté for 8-10 minutes or until fully cooked.
• Drain pasta. Add in Bertolli Tomato & Basil Sauce and diced tomatoes.
• Add in vegetables and chicken and mix well.
• Sprinkle with desired amount of Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
Viva Bertolli® and join me in celebrating 150 years of delicious Italian food, friends and family. Felice Anniversario and Buono Appetito! Visit Bertolli on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter for more inspirations and ideas to bring Tuscany to your table.
What’s your favorite way to get more veggies into your diet?