It’s FRIDAY guys! My weekend actually started last night which is fantastic. Some Fridays this quarter I am FREE which makes me happier than I can even begin to describe. Now though it’s time for some Friday Five!
1. Getting something heavy out of the way early – I had a REALLY hard lecture last night. It was on child abuse and neglect and how to recognize it as a healthcare provider. Those types of things bothered me before I had children but now it’s almost a visceral reaction when I hear the stories. I was really worried I would have to leave the lecture (they warned the parents and said if you needed to it was ok) but I got through it. I owe my tiny patients that …. I need to be able to recognize when they are in trouble and be their advocate when they can’t. Whew. That was heavy …. no to lighter things.
2. I ran for the first time in a long time yesterday between classes. I was able to bust out 3 miles on the treadmill at 9:30/mile. I am happy that my pace isn’t completely gone but boy was I huffing and puffing. I am trying to see how to incorporate running back into my life!
3. The last couple of days Bryn has come home from school with a whale spout pony tail and it kills me every time. It’s been straight to bed when I walk in the door otherwise I would share a picture …. soon I promise because everyone needs that cuteness in their life!
4. One of my goals for this year on a personal level was to connect with my Bible more and really read His word. I downloaded the She Reads Truth app for my iPad and have been taking a few minutes before bed to do the “Open Your Bible Plan” and journal about it. I am LOVING it and hope I can keep it up. I am also using that time to do a “3 sentence journal entry” for each day on the highlights of my day!
5. I have some awesome women who have committed to changing their lives starting January 28th with my “Drop a Jeans Size challenge”! If you are struggling to fit in workouts and need some help with clean eating then this challenge is perfect for you! Just 30 minutes a day and a super easy to follow clean eating meal plan. Email me at foodfitnessandfamily @ gmail . com 🙂
Have a great Friday my friends! We have a welcome dinner for the new PA students tonight so Chris and I have a babysitter and are STOKED for a night out on the town 😉
What are your weekend plans?