Happy Monday! We had a fantastic weekend as a family. We picked out some pumpkins on Saturday and yesterday we celebrated Emmalyne’s second birthday. Her little party was a lot of fun and I can’t wait to share the details with you tomorrow. As soon as the party was over it was on for Chris to start packing the house. I went to bed early last night and woke up to bare walls in the house this morning. Someone was busy while I slept 😉 It’s moving week over here with the house closing on Thursday so it’s going to be a little crazy for us but I am ready for it. Among everything else, I entered my 32nd week of pregnancy yesterday 🙂
What is baby up to at 32 weeks pregnant?
- Baby is the size of a jicama – or approximately 3 3/4 pounds and 16.7 inches long
- About half the weight I gain each week goes right to Baby B
- She now has toenails, fingernails, and hair!
How is mama feeling?
Weight Gain: Up 18 pounds at this point, having gained 1lb this last week. If I gain a pound a week until delivery I should be around 25-26 pounds total which is 7 pounds less than with Emmalyne. I find that interesting since I was active both pregnancies and eat pretty much the same.
Fitness: Week two in a row that I didn’t get my weekly fitness post up. You can see all my workouts on Daily Mile but I feel pretty good about last week. I logged 14 miles (and I’m still running), did two yoga classes, and incorporated strength. I worked out 4 days last week and really needed the 3 rest days. Overall I am feeling good though and hope I can keep it up!
Sleep: Sleep is still a hot mess. I find myself in bed most nights by 9PM to start relaxing. Sometimes earlier. I have no shame in that 😉 During the night I have a hard time staying comfortable and wake up quite a bit. I have also turned into a furnace and am pretty hot. Fun times I tell you 😉
- Some heart burn. A little less than weeks past.
- Fatigue. Definitely feel my body slowing down. Somedays I have to lay down for awhile while Emmalyne naps.
- Sore feet. By the end of the day my feet are SO SORE from being on them a lot.
OB Appointment: I had an OB appointment last week and it went ok. One thing that took me by surprise is that my fundal height (belly measurement) hadn’t changed from the appointment prior. My OB isn’t concerned yet because my fundal height didn’t play by the rules last pregnancy and it very well could be rebelling again. Second, the baby could have just been positioned in a way that affected his measurement and I had gained weight. Either way, I go in for a growth scan ultrasound on the 16th to get it checked out to be safe. I’ll take it as a way to see Baby B again 😉
- Wedding rings are still on. No signs of swelling.
- No stretch marks noted. I didn’t get any with Emmalyne so I am not really surprised. Stretch marks are almost all genetic but I do keep my belly well-moisturized with Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter just to help with the stretching.
- Signs of labor – no big ones! Just my nightly round of Braxton Hicks.
- Sporting ALL maternity clothes at this point. Long live maternity jeans.
Excited For: Getting settled into the new house. I just know that when I am sleeping there on Saturday a huge weight will be lifted off my shoulders knowing this big thing is DONE and we can really get ready for B to make her entrance.
By the Numbers:
- Days until closing: 3
- Days until moving truck: 5
- Days until Halloween: 24
- Days until Chris’ Change of Command: 31
- Days until my mom comes: 45
- Days until due date: 56
These next 8-ish weeks are going to FLY by. We have so many things going on that before I know it it will be go time. 🙂