Oh why hello there friends! Happy Monday to you! I took Friday off from everything and just rested. It was one of those days where I was exhausted from doing nothing and Em and I just hung around the house. I knew we had a busy weekend coming up and I needed to be ready for it! We were up bright and early Saturday morning for our yard sale and got rid of a bunch of useless clutter. Yesterday we ran errands all morning getting things ready for our move in 10 (!!!) days! Whew. Amidst all that, I hit my 31st week of pregnancy.
What is baby up to at 31 weeks?
- Baby is the size of a coconut – or over 16 inches long and 3 1/3 pounds
- She is headed into a growth spurt … bring on the snacks!
- She is now processing information, tracking light, and perceiving signals from all 5 senses
How is mama feeling?
Weight Gain: Up a pound from last week bringing my total to 17 pounds. Right on track!
Fitness: I didn’t get a chance to post my weekly fitness this week so I will get around to it later. Overall, I logged 16 miles of running/walking, 2 CrossFit sessions, 1 weights, and 2 yoga classes. I’ve found that my energy levels are BETTER on days I exercise than on days I don’t so I am going to stick with it as long as I can. Still loving my maternity support belt too!
Sleep: Oh sleep … just an allusive concept. I am in bed for plenty of hours each night but I am definitely waking up 3-4 times. I have also been getting really hot lately which I know is due to the hormones. I slept with the Snoogle last night and it was ok. I am not sure if I like my mountain of pillows better or not. No matter what, I am definitely tired.
Movement: This little girl is quite the mover and shaker when she wants to be. I feel like her moves are more spastic then Emmalyne’s were. I feel like my abs are holding Little B in tighter and therefore she jabs more? I don’t know. I am thankful for the movements though because they are always reassuring. However, the kicks to the ribs are overrated 😉
Baby Position: We had a little scare over the weekend where I was contracting regularly for over an hour so we headed to L&D. The contractions showed up on the monitor so they kept us a few hours until things settled down. Considering how fast things progressed with Em I wasn’t taking chances. Luckily everything is fine AND we found out that B was head down. Now that obviously can change, but it did ease my mind knowing she DOES go head down for sure at times since she had been breech so much before.
- Braxton Hicks. Still going on. Every night. Fun times.
- Congestion. UGH – another super annoying thing about pregnancy! My congestion has been pretty bad lately which is just annoying.
- Heart Burn. Every day starting around lunchtime.
- Tightness. My stomach feels TIGHT. It amazes me knowing how much more it’ll stretch even though it feels so stretched already. Trust me, I know it’s coming.
- Discomfort. By the end of the day I am generally pretty uncomfortable. My back hurts, my feet hurt, and I am wiped out. I do not enjoy this period of pregnancy.
Despite all the unpleasant symptoms and general discomfort, I am feeling incredibly blessed. My sweet baby Emmalyne is turning TWO this coming Sunday! I can’t believe that it’s been two years since she catapulted me into the world of motherhood. I will be spending this week preparing for her party. Then, next week we move into our brand new house which is an incredible blessing and full of excitement. Once I get through the move I know I will feel SO much better and ready to settle in and prep for B. I have fun plans for her nursery but am just waiting to get into the new house to get them done.
That’s about all I got! So I am off to get the Emster up for the day and head to yoga here in a bit. I didn’t get around to doing my Sunday food prep yesterday so I have that on tap for this afternoon. Have a great day friends!