Well hey there friends! I can’t believe it’s Monday again. EEK! Thank you for all the well wishes on our upcoming move. We are pretty excited! We actually moved our close date sooner so we will be starting to move in 24 days. YIKES! Since Chris was off on Friday we headed into Savannah to tackle a bunch of things on our “to-do” list. One of the biggest items checked off? Buying Em’s big girl bed! While she has been doing great in the toddler bed, it was always a temporary thing to us. We purchased her a full sized bed this weekend and will be picking it up when we get into the new house. WEEE! It being Monday again also means we are another week down in pregnancy and inching towards my due date (December 1).
I swear – belly size totally depends on what you are wearing! My maxi dresses make it look bigger than it is while other things make it look smaller. It looks HUGE compared to last week haha.
What is baby up to at 29 weeks?
- Baby is the size of a butternut squash – or roughly 2 1/2 pounds and 15 inches long
- Her muscles and lungs continue to mature
- She is getting fat deposits under her skin – fingers crossed for another chunky baby 😉
How is mama feeling?
Weight Gain: Up one pound from last week bringing my total to roughly 15 pounds. This is actually about 7 pounds less than I was with Emmie at the same time. I will have a more accurate number at my OB appointment on Thursday.
Fitness: Had another solid week in workouts last week! Logged a total of 19 miles between running, walking, and the elliptical. Also snuck in a yoga class and a couple CrossFit WODs too. You can read all about my week HERE. On Thursday I start a 6-week long prenatal yoga class which I am really looking forward to.
Sleep: Sleep has been lacking. I feel like the pregnancy insomnia is setting in. I know it helps to prepare me for my sleep deprived days to come but whoa. Mama needs her sleep. I am up a couple times a night to use the bathroom and my dreams are more bizarre by the day. One of my biggest fears is giving birth in the car and last night I had that nightmare. Me thinks I will keep a tarp in the trunk just in case …
Movement: Homegirl isn’t quite as active as her big sister but she sure likes to party when I lay down for the night. I also think that she is both head down and LONG. Her kicks have moved to the top of my stomach and I am fairly certain her feet already occupy my ribs. Em was super long at birth so it wouldn’t surprise me if this one follows suit.
- Itchy Belly. UGH. One of the most annoying aspects of late pregnancy. The belly is on FIYAH. Been slathering on Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter to help alleviate it and keep the skin moisturized.
- Heart Burn. It continues.
- Fatigue. I am starting to feel myself slow down a bit. Working out at the same intensity still feels good but I find myself losing steam at the end of the day. I am becoming more and more aware of not overdoing things as well and putting my feet up for awhile.
- Braxton Hicks. Annoying as heck.
- General Discomfort. I am fairly certain Jellybean is taking after Em in size. I am in a fair amount of discomfort when I sit down now because she is occupying so much space. It will be interesting to see what her weight estimate is at 36 weeks.
Looking Forward To: My next OB appointment is this Thursday. I have some questions regarding hospital policy on L&D that I would like to have answered since I haven’t delivered at this hospital before. I also have to pre-register for admittance L&D (!!!!!) this week and get that taken care of. No one wants to be in labor and still have to register.
Baby Hint: While I am not revealing Jeallybean’s name until she makes her debut, I can give you a little hint. It starts with a B. 🙂
Also, I am working on some upcoming pregnancy and parenting posts and would love to hear what you might be interested in. Birth plan? Hospital bag? Anything? Leave me a comment and let me know!