Oh. Em. Gee. That’s me being shocked. You guys – this is my LAST week in my second trimester! Cue mild freakout moment. Let’s talk about what we have done to prepare for baby …. absolutely nothing! Bahahaha. More on that another day. We are making steps towards getting ready but after looking at what is coming up the next 3 months Chris and I both know that our weekends are limited and time is going to fly. I guess it’s a good thing we are having another girl so we have everything, right?
What is Baby Up To At 27 Weeks?
- Baby is about the size of a head of cauliflower – or almost 2 pounds and 14 1/2 inches long
- She’s sleeping and waking at regular intervals
- Her brain is super active
How is Mama Feeling?
Weight Gain: +14 pounds. I haven’t weighed myself since 24 weeks so I am up 5 pounds since then. I am fairly certain Jellybean went through a growth spurt during this time too. After all my awesome eats on vacation I knew the scale would increase so I am satisifed with the number. 🙂
Exercise: Still doing OK on this front. I am feeling more pressure in my lower belly so I am excited to start using a maternity support belt. I also feel like my running pace is going to start slowing down which is just fine. You can see all my workouts from last week HERE.
- TIRED. While some of this has to do with traveling cross-country with a toddler and being 6.5 months pregnant and a 3-hour time change, some of it also has to do with the fact that I enter my 3rd trimester next week. My energy levels went down at that point with Em too since baby grows A LOT during the last weeks.
- Braxton Hicks. Every single night without fail I get some of these bad boys. Not a pleasant experience.
- Thirst. I feel like I am drinking so much water all the time. I am a thirsty thirsty lady at this point!
Sleep: Sleep has been MEH for the last couple of weeks. Em and I didn’t sleep well at all on vacation and it has accumulated into quite the sleep deficit for me. On top of that I am now sleeping with 4 pillows: one under my head, one along my back, one between my legs, and hugging one. I tried the Snuggle pillow but I didn’t like how it felt under my head. So a mountain of pillows it is. I am getting up about 2x a night to use the bathroom right now.
Emmalyne: It’s so different going through pregnancy with another child I have to tell you. While I am excited and thrilled about the impending arrival, my focus is pretty much 100% on Em. We will be transitioning her to a big girl bed in the next month and her 2nd birthday is next month. I get a little weepy looking at how big she has gotten and sad that I can’t pause time … even for just a little while. I am also nervous about how she will feel when her sister arrives. I know that having a sister is an incredible gift but it might not be one she realizes is a GOOD thing at first. Basically my pregnancy emotions are all around Em haha.
Looking Forward To: I have an OB appointment tomorrow so I am looking forward to discussing some things with my OB. I will have to schedule my glucose test during this appointment as well (UGH). It’s fun to think that we are nearing the end of pregnancy where things like birth plans and hospital bags become more important 🙂
Have a great Labor Day friends! We are just hanging out today and maybe starting to conquer some of our to-do list for the baby.