Here we are at another Monday. We had a relatively low-key weekend just trying to get some things done before I go out of town later this week. Friday we had to take the Explorer in to get some interior stain-resistant treatment done. After the great Sharpie incident Chris and I promised to always buy protection plans because our furniture one has worked so well. Turns out Ford offers something similar for their interiors and you better believe we bought it haha. While the car was being worked on we ran errands and grabbed some lunch. Saturday started off with a nice run and ended with a Korean feast with our friends. Yesterday was church and chores. Nothing too exciting! What is exciting though is being 24 weeks pregnant.
^New Skirt! Charlotte Russe for $16
What is baby up to at 24 weeks?
- Baby is the size of an ear of corn – or about 1 1/3 pounds and a foot long! She also gained about 4 ounces from last week. Hello growth spurt!
- Her lungs are producing cells that produce surfactant – this is HUGE for airway development and allows for her air sacs to inflate when she is out in the world
- She might have hair but it lacks pigment – how weird is that?
How is mama doing?
Weight Gain: Up 2 pounds from last week for a total gain of 9 lbs. I’ll be honest – I was in the best shape of my life before getting pregnant again and it is a little difficult seeing my body change again. However, I know in the end it is totally worth it and I’ll get my body back to an even better place at some point 🙂
Exercise: I probably had the best week of preggo exercise last week! I am super proud of everything that I fit in and the best part is that I felt great doing it. You can read all about my 23-weeks pregnant week in fitness HERE.
Sleep: Sleep is kind of hit or miss and to be honest pretty much no matter what I feel pretty tired most of the time. I think this has something to do with chasing a toddler around all day, no?
- I have been feeling a lot more pelvic discomfort and pressure in my lower abdomen. My OB said last week it’s because the baby is sitting low and you just feel these things sooner the second time around. FUN.
- Break outs. My skin has seriously been ANGRY the last week or so. Happened with Em too and it’s just super annoying and a little embarrassing.
- Emmie has no idea what is going on. We talk about the baby in Mommy’s belly and I get a blank stare. Should be fun when we bring home Jellybean 😉
- Cravings. Nothing really. I am pretty much eating completely normally.
Milestone: 24 weeks officially marks that the baby would be viable if she was born now. Her chances of survival wouldn’t be great but the fact is she could survive. This is a pretty big moment every pregnancy just to know that your baby stands a chance if an emergency happens 🙂 But let’s keep her cooking for at least 13 more weeks 😉
Side Note: I was measuring a week behind according to my OB last week. However, with Em I never measured ahead and they vastly underestimated her weight so he thinks I don’t play by the rules when it comes to fundal height measurements. He’s sticking with doing a fetal weight ultrasound at 36 weeks. Also – I found out that he is one of the preceptors for my OB rotation during PA school. Should be fun potentially rounding with my own OB haha.
As you guys know, I am an Ambassador for For Two Fitness® and because of that I get to offer you guys a great giveaway today!
Giveaway will run until 11:59PM on Sunday, August 18. Open to US residents only. Good luck!