**Congratulations Jenn of Peas and Crayons for winning my Applegate giveaway! Email me your addy and I will get you your dogs 😉
It’s Monday already?! Holy moly. Even though it was a long weekend over here I feel like it FLEW by. We had a fantastic time in Atlanta, set up Emmalyne’s playroom, and got other chores done around the house. I am ready for a weekend 😉 HA. Any-who … I am nearing the halfway point of this pregnancy which absolutely blows my mind. Time flies when you’re a busy mom!
What is baby up to at 19 weeks?
- Baby is the size of a heirloom tomato – or 8.5 ounces and 6 inches long!
- Sensory development is on full throttle – designating areas of their brain for smell, sight, hearing, taste, and touch
- Hair could be sprouting!
How is mama doing?
Wight Gain: +3 pounds. Yup – the weight is coming on. Bring it.
- Back pain. Still ongoing in my lower right back. Going to start using the heating pad more and have Chris keep working on it.
- Nausea. My nausea returned this last week and I threw up a couple of times. No bueno.
- Cramping. After being in the car for 8 hours over the weekend I definitely had some cramping going on. Nothing some water and putting my feet up couldn’t fix though!
- Hunger. My OB said the baby is going to be growing a lot and boy can I tell! I am HUNGRY.
Movement: Feeling baby kick on the outside! Those little kicks are definitely noticeable at night when I lay down and Chris actually felt the Jellybean for the first time this week too. Love it.
Highlights: Had another awesome OB appointment on Friday. Baby’s heart rate was 140 BPM and everything is right on track. This week we go in for our big ultrasound and I can’t wait to know whether or not Emmalyne is going to have a little brother or sister. You guys will have to wait until next Monday though to find out 😉
That’s about it over here! A second pregnancy is seriously so much different than the first and I plan on writing about some of those differences in the very near future. It has definitely been interesting to me! 🙂 Have a happy Monday friends! I get to spend the day in resiliency training and hunting the good stuff with our unit … can’t wait to share MRT with some other spouses!