I’ve officially decided that a second pregnancy goes by about 1000x faster than a first. Chasing after a toddler probably has something to do with that, right? We had an awesome weekend over here, including a very special baby shower for a friend that I can’t wait to share about tomorrow! But before that, I have to share my own baby’s update!
What is baby up to at 17 weeks?
- Baby is the size of a turnip – or about 5 inches long and 5 ounces
- Skeleton is changing from cartilage into bone
- Baby can move their joints
How is mama doing?
Weight Gain: Sitting at -2 pounds so almost have gained back everything I lost! Once I do, I know I will pack on the pounds just like last time 😉
Fitness: I started Best Body Bootcamp last week and am LOVING it! While I didn’t get all the workouts in that I wanted to, I did manage to crank out some. I took a yoga class, did some bootcamp, and went to CrossFit twice! To help motivate me more, I think I am going to start back with Fitness Friday but make it a preggo edition.
Cravings: Cravings aren’t out of control yet. I am definitely loving salty things this pregnancy with some sweets thrown in. I never had a sweet tooth before being pregnant with Emmalyne and then it never quite went away. Pretzels are a must have in my house right now and breakfast burritos with bacon and salsa have been my go to breakfast. Milk is slowly coming back into my life too.
- Pretty sure my belly button is forever changed by being pregnant. It’s like a half-in/half-out thing now. Pretty sure it’s going to pop out early this time!
- Fully embracing maternity clothes. My maternity fashion is a post for another day but I will say I am loving my maternity pants 😉
- My face has been breaking out a bit. I am particularly sensitive to hormonal changes and my face feels it. Still not as bad as it was with Em though.
- Weird lower back pain on the right side. Seriously annoying. Round ligament pains on the right too. Why is that you have to feel these things sooner the second time??
Looking Forward To: Feeling the baby move more! Lately I can only feel the baby on the back side of my uterus … and it feels like it’s doing the alligator death roll. Also looking forward to finding out if the Jellybean is a boy or girl in the next couple of week!