Things sure are moving along right? I swear that your second pregnancy moves at lightning speed compared to the first! Probably has something to do with a toddler running around? 😉 We had a great weekend over here celebrating Father’s Day and my 26th birthday. More on that this week though! Until then, it’s time for my 16 week pregnancy update!
I feel like this photo is a little deceiving and makes me a little more bumptastic than I am at this point. My pencil skirt is not maternity and totally made the bump stand out haha. For a more realistic idea of where I am (belly is growing) here is a pic from the gym this morning:
What is baby up to at 16 weeks?
- Baby is the size of an avocado – or about 4 1/2 inches and 3 1/2 ounces
- Heart is pumping about 25 quarts of blood a day
- Growing toenails!
How is mama doing?
Weight Gain: Sitting at -3 pounds which means I gained 3 since last week. Since I am still regaining what I lost due to hyperemesis so I am thrilled with this gain. The gain probably has something to do with the celebrations from this weekend 😉
Fitness: Going well! I announced last week that I am heading to bootcamp and it started today. Last week I started Couch to 5K as a way to get back into running. I also did some weights. All of it felt great. I am feeling awesome starting to sweat again 🙂
- Potty Breaks: Getting up to use the bathroom 1-2 times a night which isn’t too bad
- Growing Pains: Some round ligament pains from my uterus stretching – I heard you feel them sooner on round 2
- Dry Skin: Using my Burt’s Bees Mama Bee belly butter on my dry spots has helped alleviate this a bit
- Headaches: My head has been throbbing off and on
Cravings: Nothing specific at this point but I am definitely getting my taste back for more foods. Some vegetables have even made their way back into my diet. I am loving pretzels and Sour Patch kids though 😉
Eye Update: I went back to the retina specialist on Friday and got some good news! While my vision is still wonky, the bleed has shrank 30% so it should fully resolve itself. WEE!! Going back at the end of July for another follow up.
Looking Forward To: Co-hosting a baby shower for a dear friend this weekend! It’s her first baby 🙂
- Continue adding some vegetables back into my diet
- Successfully cook dinner most nights this week
- Go strong with Best Body Bootcamp
Outtake for the week: Chris took my belly photo when we were out at the restaurant. When Em realized what was up she insisted on being in the pic 🙂