So I am actually 14 weeks 4 days right now but better late than never right? Coming back from vacation knocked me on my booty. The 3-hour time change did my in! On top of that, I am dealing with a retinal hemorrhage right now and will be seeing an eye specialist today to see what’s up …. wish me luck! And please excuse the terrible photo – I took it Sunday after traveling all day the day before.
What is baby up to at 14 weeks?
- Baby is now the size of a lemon – or 3 1/2 inches and 1/2 an ounce
- Baby can squint, grimace, and make other facial expressions
How is mama doing?
Weight Gain: Sitting at -6 lbs so slowly but surely it’s coming back! I have been able to eat a bit more lately so I am sure that is helping.
Fitness: Nothing yet besides doing lots of walking on vacation. Hoping to get back into the swing of things soon.
Hymperemesis Update: I still have near daily nausea/vomiting but the frequency during the day seems to be subsiding a bit. I am getting really tired of getting sick but I have hope that it is on the tail end! Things still aren’t as bad as they were with Emmie for which I am thankful (1 ER visit this time compared to 5 last time).
- Lots of trips to the bathroom – Seriously … I feel like I have to pee all the time! Worst thing? This just gets worse from here haha.
- Dry, itchy skin – Totally new symptom from last pregnancy. My skin is incredibly dry in patches and itches like no other. Currently accepting remedy recommendations.
- Awesome fingernails – Another new symptom! My nails this time are really strong which is awesome since they are normally kind of weak. I’ll take it 😉
- Cravings – Nothing definitive yet (other than my one day of bacon obsession)
Sleep: Sleep has been pretty good so far – I wake up when Chris gets up 4:45AM to use the restroom and then go back to bed. Still have some crazy dreams though!
Looking Forward To: Getting my eye looked at today. Having wonky vision in one eye is scary and uncomfortable! We also have an OB appointment Friday so I am looking forward to getting the final results from our NT testing. The ultrasound looked perfect (wee!!!!) but will get the blood test results at my appointment.