I saw a couple people do this survey over the last few weeks and honestly don’t remember who started it first. Running is all about community so reading everyone else’s answers has not only been fun but inspiring as well! 2012 was a big running year for me. While I don’t log 1,000 miles or anything, I did accomplish some of my goals. Without further ado, a look back on my year in running.
1. Best Race Experience? The Army Ten Miler in Washington, D.C. hands down. This race has been one of my dream races since I took up running. The event was well planned, executed, and tons of fun. Running this race with my Soldier made it that much more awesome. I have never gotten choked up during a race like I did during this one. Army strong 🙂
2. Best Run? I have two answers for this one. First, my Rock-N-Roll Savannah Half Marathon. I PR’d with a 2:16! Second, the Pooler Jingle Jog 5K. Another PR of 25:30. For the Jingle Jog, I shaved 2 minutes off my 5K time. I honestly didn’t know I had it in me 🙂
3. Best new piece of gear? I love my Lululemon Amphipod Hydration Belt. It doesn’t move when I run. I also love my ProCompression marathon socks. I had never used compression before and it has changed my running and recovery for the better.
4. Best piece of running advice you received? I learned to “Dream Big” from Dorothy at Mile Posts. Her t-shirt reminds me that “I Run This Body” and nothing is too far out of reach.
5. Most inspirational runner? I have two. First is Pavement Runner. He and I have virtual twin families in that our daughter’s are one day apart and we both have wicked awesome German Shepherds. On top of that, he runs his own race every time and keeps such an awesome positive attitude. Love it. Next is Krysten Darwinian Fail. She laughs in the face of adversity and became a marathoner this year. Two great people to follow and check out.
6. If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be? Epic domination. Haha just kidding. I would say 2012 was a year of “dream chasing”. I set a goal of running my 2nd half marathon at 6 months postpartum and I did it with the Go! St. Louis Half Marathon. And I PR’d. And have continued to PR in every race since. Doesn’t say I’m the fastest, just that I had a lot I could improve on. I hope to carry that momentum into 2013 and maybe accomplish my BIG dream of a sub-2:00 half marathon.
Your turn! Answer one of the above questions. I would love to hear about your year in running. If you already did the running survey, leave me a link!