Happy New Year’s Eve! I can hardly believe that tomorrow is a brand new year. 2012 was a big year for us. A few of our highlights:
- I ran (and PRd) in two half marathons … The Go! St. Louis in April and Rock-N-Roll Savannah in November
- We moved to Savannah
- Emmie went to the beach for the first time
- Chris took command of a military police company
- My dad had major surgery … and is doing GREAT
- Emmie turned one
- I broke into the 25’s for my 5K time
- We celebrated our first Christmas away from family
So much more happened this year but those are just a few of the stand-outs for me. A big part about today for me is also to reflect upon the goals I set at the beginning of 2012. I am proud to say I accomplished many of them!
- Clean up my diet … bring less processed food into the house – We have done pretty good about this one but have been slipping the last two months so I am going to say did not accomplish.
Get to the gym 4-5 times a week– definitely accomplished this one! Lose the the baby weight and get to my goal weight– I am happily sitting 6 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight and wrote about my journey in my 12 month post-baby body update. Beat my last half marathon time– done and done
- Cut WAY back on Diet Coke – umm oops? My bad. Epic fail.
- Go on a date night with the hubs every month … hire a sitter – oh how naive I was at the beginning of the year! HA. We have gone on a handful of dates and I can count on one hand how many times we have hired a sitter. However, every time a grandparent visits we take full advantage.
Eat dinner at the dinner table with the TV off most nights– Emmie and I always eat at the table and the nights Chris is home we manage to eat at the table 95% of the time. Get the hubs a gift just because– I bought him his Nike “Running Sucks” shirt on a whim 🙂
- Organize her photos into a scrapbook/digital book – FAIL
Breastfeed until she is 1 year old … or until she bites– SUCCESS. I breastfed until just about 13 months Make all her baby food from scratch– We ended up doing Baby Led Weaning and LOVED it. Start teaching her baby sign language– does it count if she knows “all done”? I am going to say yes. However, she has a pretty good vocabulary and can communicate most her needs.
- Find a play group for her to join – any tips as to how to do this one??
- Sign up for a baby class (IE Gymboree, musicology, swim…) – not a lot of selection in Richmond Hill and we ended up being out of town for most of the swim sessions and there’s a wait list for the gym class on post.
Work on my photography … maybe take a class– I haven’t taken a class but I think my pictures have gotten better over the year. I guess you can be the judge of that though. Start working on my PA applications– didn’t get in for 2013. Apply again in April!
- Journal more – FAIL
- Continue attending church weekly as a family – needs improvement. But we really like the church here and have friends that go too.
- Actually make it to most holy days of obligation – FAIL.
Keep in better touch with friends and family– Doing pretty good on this one!
Overall I am pretty happy with how my resolutions turned out for the year. I will be back in the morning with my new ones for 2013. Don’t be surprised if some of the epic fails are on there again 😉 See you next year!