Merry Christmas Eve friends! Or is it Christmas Eve Day because it’s the morning? Hmm … well regardless today is a special day 🙂 First, I am excited to announce the winner of the Under Armour Spine RPM shoes! Congrats Astrid ! The winner has been emailed and will have three days to claim their prize before a new winner is chosen. Thanks to everyone who entered!
We have a pretty busy day ahead of us today. This afternoon we have Christmas Eve mass at church and immediately after we are taking dinner to Chris’ Soldiers who are working the roads. Chris is a Military Police Officer which means that some of his Soldiers have to be in patrol cars working every holiday. We wanted them to know that we are thinking about the, and get them a delicious home cooked meal to celebrate. Tomorrow, we are having 10-12 of his single Soldiers over for brunch. If I can’t be home in Arizona for Christmas at least my house will be full of Christmas spirit 🙂
I saw this survey on Tina’s blog over the weekend and thought it would be a fun addition today. I LOVE Christmas so if reading all about my undying passion isn’t your thing, no worries! Come back later this week 😉
1. Favorite Christmas Album/CD/Song? One song SCREAMS Christmas for me. It’s called “Mary’s Boy Child” by Boney M. The day after Thanksgiving my mom would blast in through the house to wake me up so we could decorate. I smile every time I play it and the lyrics say it all!
2. Run on Christmas morning or take the day off? The only reason I will be running some time on Christmas morning this year is because we will be doing it as a family. We probably won’t run until the afternoon though since I know we won’t be up early enough.
3. What do you usually eat on Christmas morning? Every year growing up my mom and I would make the same coffee cake and then party potatoes. While the coffee cake and party potatoes are still staples, what goes with them changes every year. I am sure my family is drinking Orange Julius’ this morning too 😉 Here, we will be having party potatoes, French toast casserole, an egg scramble, and fruit salad for our brunch.
4. Favorite holiday or Christmas tradition? Our Christmas tree and our yearly ornaments are definitely a favorite tradition. Heck, I’ve been doing it for 25 years so it better be! Also, Christmas Eve mass is a MUST. When I was little, we would make a birthday cake for Jesus too. I look forward to doing that with Emmalyne 🙂
5. Real tree, fake tree or no tree? I grew up always having a fake tree. In Arizona real trees can be a fire hazard because it’s so dry. There are house fires every year. We have a fake tree because it’s cleaner and easier. Ours is also pre-lit because we are lazy that way.
6. Christmas pajamas… yay or nay? Another tradition in our family was to get PJ’s on Christmas Eve. We are carrying this on with Emmie and she will be rocking some sweet ones tonight.
7. Where do you spend the holidays? In years past we would spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day morning with my mom and sister’s family. Christmas Eve we would have a get-together with family and friends at Heather’s house. Then, Chris and I would spend the night and all the kiddos would sleep in a fort in the master bedroom so we would all be together in the morning. Christmas afternoon we would head to my dad’s house for round 2. Then on the 26th Chris and I would load up and drive to Las Vegas for round 3 with his parents. This year we are spending it on our own. While I miss my family immensely, not having to travel is a blessing.
8. Food that you always have during the holiday season? Favorite Christmas food/treat? Beth’s cookies are something I always associate with Christmas. Also, my sister and I would make elaborate sugar cookies every year.
9. Open presents all at once or take turns? We try to take turns. It is organized chaos for awhile and then it turns into a free-for-all.
10. Favorite Christmas(ish) movie? “A Christmas Story”, “The Year Without a Santa Claus” and of course “Elf”. LOVE them all.
I hope everyone has a happy Christmas Eve and very blessed Christmas Day. While opening all the presents and feasting on delicious food, remember the reason for the season! Tomorrow is a really special guy’s birthday 😉
Your turn! Answer one of the above questions! I would love to hear about your Christmas favs!