Today is Emmalyne’s and my last day in Arizona. While it is going to be hard to leave my dad, I feel better knowing he is doing so darn well! We spent all afternoon yesterday, and will again today, over at his house and it’s amazing to me how well you can be doing one week after having major surgery. The human body and modern medicine are beyond remarkable and I am SO thankful for the resiliency of both. While I am a little sad to leave tomorrow morning, I am anxious to get back to my normal. I miss Chris, my dogs, and my own bed. I leave so much more peaceful than when I came.
Any-who, since it’s Sunday it’s time to get back to my Weekly Top Ten posts! I love these posts and highlighting the amazing and inspirational bloggers throughout the blogging community.
1. 30 Heart Healthy Oatmeal Recipes from Oatmeal in My Bowl – Christine shares an awesome round-up of tasty looking oatmeal recipes. She also had me “heart healthy”. I love me some oatmeal and with fall right around the corner having a “go to” list of new ideas for the cooler weather.
2. Breastfeeding Makes Me Sad from Writing Chapter Three – I thought Ashley’s post on some of her emotional experiences with breastfeeding is must-read for moms-to-be. Breastfeeding is a challenging AND amazing thing but sometimes it is good to know that what you’re experiencing is real. Thanks for opening people’s eyes to D-MER Ashley!
3. Push-Ups and Dumbbell Circuit from Just Keep Sweating – Carlyn shares a new upper body circuit workout. I actually did it on Friday and boy is my chest sore! That’s what 150 push-ups will do to you 😉 Give it a try!
4. An Introduction to Foam Rolling via Side of Sneakers on The Lean Green Bean – Heather took over Lindsay’s blog for an awesome introduction to the hows and whys of foam rolling. My foam roller is my post-workout BFF and this is a great post for those of you interested in starting to use it!
5. Yoga Moves to Make You Stronger from Live from La Quinta – You all know how much I love yoga and Debbie shares her favorite moves to help increase your strength. I love all the ones she listed!
6. 10 Rules to Being a Race Spectator from Happy Mother Runner – Race spectators are one of the best part of doing races but they can also be pretty annoying. Amanda shares some awesome tips to help you be a better spectator.
7. Genetically Blessed Guest Post via Darwinian fail on MizFit – This month is Ovarian Cancer Awareness month which is an issue that strikes close to home in my family … my cousin was diagnosed with it as a teenager and survived. Krysten shares her story on Carla’s blog and I highly recommend checking it out and helping to support awareness for this often silent but deadly disease.
8. Running Lingo 101 from Wild Things Run Free – A fartlek? What’s that? Charlotte has you covered with this comprehensive list of running lingo perfect for running newbies and veterans alike.
9. Overnight Pumpkin Latte from Side of Sneakers – One of the reasons I love fall so much is for the return of the pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks. Heather shares a delicious looking recipe for an overnight pumpkin spice latte using a slow cooker. Yum.
10. I’m a Selfish Mom and Proud of It from Moms Little Running Buddy – I am a selfish mom according to many people’s standards because I make going to the gym and working out a priority. Katie recently dealt with the same kind of situation and i know many of you can relate. I work out to be a GOOD mom … one who is around for as long as possible for my children. Well, I work out for the endorphins too 😉
There you have it! Another great week in the blogging world. I hope you enjoy these posts as much as I did. Tons of stuff coming at you on the blog this week including a great guest post from Heather, my post-baby body progress, and more! See you in Georgia 😉