Oh my gosh guys … I am SO excited to be back on the blogosphere! Thank you for still being here! All I can say is that the last couple of days have been full of emotion.
When we got to Savannah on Saturday we immediately set out to paint the house. As we got deeper into the house serious red flags started popping up.
1. There were random wires EVERYWHERE. I guess the home owner liked to do his own electrical work. We have since had an electrician come out because we were a little nervous about it being a potential safety hazard. One of the doozies the owner left us was connecting wires to the lighting of the microwave and using that to power lights underneath the kitchen cabinets and some lighting in the kitchen. When you press the light button on the microwave not only does the microwave light come on but the rest do as well. The electrician said in 30+ years of working he’s never seen it done before. HA. Luckily the electrician is going to cut some of the random wires and place boxes over the areas he needs to.
2. Missing baseboards. The baseboards in the pantry and laundry room were missing exposing grossness. All the other baseboards in the house were installed by the owner at a half-rate job. I am going to be caulking them myself.
3. There are holes in the walls. Again, Mr. Owner likes wires, so he installed digital photo frames throughout the house and took them when he moved leaving 3 in holes in the walls.
4. The blinds are NASTY. Nothing more to say.
5. The handle on the back door is broken. The only way to keep the door shut is to deadbolt the door. This can only be done with a key.
6. The house was filthy. They sent a cleaning lady today but she didn’t do the best job. We have been scrubbing cabinets endlessly.
We have spent the last couple of days painting, cleaning, and arguing with our property management company. After several visits and one home visit we finally got work orders put in for all of our complaints. They should be coming to fix everything this week. I am absolutely exhausted because on top of everything else Emmie has decided she wants to get up 2-3 times a night again. Apparently there is a 6-month sleep regression … not happy because the 4-month sleep regression nearly killed me haha.
I desperately need to get back to blogging about my favorite things … food, fitness, and family. On my agenda this week is to scope out the gym we are going to join and get ready for Go Dirty Girl this Saturday!!
Again, thank you for being patient with me 🙂