I am SO excited to be a part of Foodie Penpals with Lindsay over at The Lean Green Bean! I signed up to be paired up back at the beginning of the month and I have been so excited to post about the awesome goodies I received 😉
First though, I sent my box to Janet over at From Cupcakes to Caviar. Check what I sent here.
Now on to to the awesome part … I received a box from Kim at Living Domestically.
My favorite part was the sweet handwritten note that she included with it! So thoughtful and personal 🙂
There were SO many goodies in the box. Most of which I had never tried before.
I was most excited to try the seaweed snacks. I had never had them before but I had wanted to try them forever! I have to admit though … not a fan. BUT my 1/2 Korean husband chomped them up 😉
I LOVE the caramel popcorn and have been snacking on it off and on since getting my box. I have a love affair with caramel so this was an awesome surprise.
I found the sleepytime green tea to be really thoughtful … Kim said in her note that it might help during my long nights with Emmalyne. I told you she was sweet!
I really enjoyed the Extra desserts gum. It was perfect for me to start chewing later at night what I was craving something sweet but had already had my “treat” for the night.
So … like what you see? Want to be a part of February’s Foodie Penpals with Lindsay? Here’s the scoop from the Lean Green Bean herself 😉
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month. *US Residents only please at this time- hopefully we can expand soon!*